DID YOU KNOW?
The #1 issue attributed to homelessness
is mental health and substance abuse
Palm Beach County ranks #2 in Florida for children living in spaces not designed for human habitation
4414 students were identified as homeless within the Palm Beach County School District in May 2018
According to a 2017 survey on high school youth risk behavior in Palm Beach County, conducted by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention:
- 2,217 were offered, sold, or given an illegal drug on school property
- 2,239 were bullied on school property
- 2,258 experienced sexual violence
- 2,318 seriously attempted suicide
- 2,344 were threatened or injured with a weapon on school property
- 2,345 didn't go to school because they felt unsafe at school
We develop the power, mindset and skillset within youth to rise above challenges, chart a path to prosperity, and grow into leaders of a better world.