Who We Are
YEP's Mission is empowering youth excellence.
YEP's Vision is to provide experiences through which youth can maximize their leadership potential.
YEP's Objective is for our youth to feel like they matter and succeed in life. There are 5 key elements in which we focus on to help to transform the youth's mindset:
1. Character development
2. Health & wellness
3. Leadership skills
4. Career and job training development
This lifelong impact and high-quality programming is designed to develop problem solvers, innovators and leaders who shape our communities.
YEP's Racial Equity Statement
What We Do
The following program tracks are designed to empower the at-risk youth and/or homeless individual at various stages of assistance and development. There are strategic steps within each program that focuses on the end goal of producing leaders in the community.
- Basic Needs Assistance (direct provision or referrals to a network of community alliances to provide clothes, transportation and housing)
- Mindset & Attitude Shift (mandatory class for all YEP participants)
- Redirection (violence & anti-gang prevention, anger management)
- Mentorship (nurturing relationship with accountability measures)
- Leadership/Education (education & development of leadership and fanning the flame for success)
- Redefine Identity (knowing who you are and why you are here, rising above peer pressure and bullying)
- Financial Management/Budgeting (basic and advanced understanding of financial management)
- Job Preparedness (resume writing skills, Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Power Point) dress for success)
- Employment Opportunities/Apprenticeships/Internships (establish relationships with business community)
- Entrepreneurship Academy/Business Development (teaching principles of entrepreneurship and business acuity)
- STEAM after school programming (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics)